- Make-Up Policy
- School Cancellation/Closing Policy
- Age Policy for Beginning Courses
- Parent or Guardian Attendance
- Withdrawal from School
- Photo/Video Policy
Enrollments at Yamaha Music School of Boston are assumed to continue through a full academic year (Fall-Spring). Therefore, enrollment for our Spring semesters is automatic for continuing students, unless a student opts out of enrollment. Enrollment for our Fall semesters (new academic year) is opt-in only.
Enrollment for new & continuing students will be processed in the following way:
- FALL SEMESTER/NEW ACADEMIC YEAR:
- PRIORITY ENROLLMENT
- All current students (private lesson students & group class students)
- Continuing students have the opportunity to keep their current class schedule by enrolling during the priority re-enrollment period.
- Schedule changes received during the priority re-enrollment period will be processed in the order received after the priority re-enrollment period is complete.
- Enrollments completed after the priority re-enrollment deadline will be processed on a first-come first-serve basis.
- A $100 deposit (per family) is required to secure your spot for the Fall semester, which will be deducted from the total tuition due.
- PRIORITY ENROLLMENT
- SPRING SEMESTER/MID-YEAR:
- AUTOMATIC ENROLLMENT
- All current private lesson students will be enrolled at their same lesson time, day, and length with the same teacher.
- All current group class students will be enrolled into their next level class at the same day & time, with the same teacher.
- Students who do not wish to enroll for Spring must contact the office prior to January 15th.
- Students may request a schedule change between semesters.
- AUTOMATIC ENROLLMENT
- OPEN ENROLLMENT – Fall & Spring – Runs through the first 4 weeks of the semester.
- Our Open Enrollment period is open to all current and potential new students. Enrollments requested during the Open Enrollment period will be processed on a first-come first-serve basis, regardless of current student status.
- A $100 deposit (per family) is required to secure spots for new students only for Spring semesters. This amount will be deducted from the total tuition due.
- SCHEDULE CHANGE REQUESTS
- Schedule Change Requests may be implemented at no extra charge.
- While every effort is made to accommodate schedule change requests, we cannot guarantee that a requested change may be implemented. Our administrative staff will be in touch regarding all Schedule Change Requests.
- PAYMENT METHODS: YMS Boston accepts payments via credit card or check.
- PAYMENT PLAN: Families may elect to enroll in a payment plan at no extra charge (see schedule below). Families may only enroll in a payment plan if they elect to keep a credit card on file. Payment plans will not be accepted via check.
- Continuing Students: Your tuition will be charged to your credit card on file according to your preferred payment method from the previous semester (pay-in-full or payment plan). If you do not have a credit card on file, you will be invoiced via email with due date included.
- If you wish to change your payment method, please let us know in person at the front desk.
- New Students: You may elect to pay in full or enroll in a payment plan at the time of enrollment, or you will be invoiced via email with due date included.
- TUITION DUE DATES
- FALL semester
- June 15th -- $100 deposit
- **students who enroll after June 15th will be charged $100 deposit at the time of enrollment
- August 15th – remaining tuition due
- **students who enroll after August 15th will be charged tuition at the time of enrollment
- Payment Plan
- August 15th – 25% remaining tuition
- September 15th – 25% tuition
- October 15th – 25% tuition
- November 15th – 25% tuition
- **Payment plans cannot be extended. Any students enrolling after Aug. 15th who wish to pay via payment plan will be charged via the remaining schedule.
- June 15th -- $100 deposit
- SPRING semester
- $100 deposit (new students only) due at time of enrollment
- January 15th – full tuition due
- **students who enroll after Jan. 15th will be charged tuition at the time of enrollment
- Payment Plan
- January 15th – 25% tuition
- February 15th –25% tuition
- March 15th – 25% tuition
- April 15th – 25% tuition
- **Payment plans cannot be extended. Any students enrolling after Jan. 15th who wish to pay via payment plan will be charged via the remaining schedule.
MULTIENROLLMENT DISCOUNT: A discount of 10% off the total tuition is available via a promotional code to be entered upon checkout for families enrolled in 2 or more classes.
LATE TUITION: A $25 late fee will be applied to tuition 30 days or more overdue. Students with tuition 60 days overdue will be issued a discontinuation notice, and will not be eligible to attend classes or lessons until tuition is paid in full.
Make Up Week:
One Make-Up Week will be offered at the end of each semester. In cases where more than one make-up is owed, the use of Make-up Week will be prioritized as follows, for:
- EMERGENCY SCHOOL CANCELLATIONS
- PRIVATE LESSON STUDENT ABSENCES
- PRIVATE LESSON TEACHER ABSENCES
- GROUP LESSON TEACHER ABSENCES
Missed Group Lessons: Teachers will make homework assignments available via e-mail to parents and students for missed group lessons. Refunds are not available for missed group lessons. All missed group lessons due to teacher absence will be offered as a make-up on an alternative day or during break periods. If a make-up lesson time for a group class due to teacher absence is not offered, then a credit will be issued.
Missed Private Lessons: One private lesson absence per semester will be made up. The make-up day and time is coordinated by the student/parent and teacher and confirmed by the office. Additional missed lessons are not made up and no refund is given, however students may purchase additional make-up lessons at 50% off. Private lessons canceled by the instructor will be made up at another time during the semester or during the make-up week.
**Make-ups must be completed within the same semester as the missed lesson. **
Course Cancellation: YMS Boston reserves the right to cancel a class or change the class schedule at any time. Full refunds and registration fees are issued in the case of class cancellation due to insufficient enrollment or schedule change.
Weather-Related or Other: Please call 781.274.7100 or visit ymsboston.com to confirm the status of classes during times of inclement weather or other emergencies. Please note that YMS Boston does not necessarily follow the weather cancellation decisions of the local public schools. The make-up week will be used for one weather/emergency related cancellation. In the event that there is more than 1 emergency school cancellation for group or private lesson classes, credits for the missed class or lesson will be applied to the student's account in the following semester.
YMES courses are designed for specific age groups. Students must meet the following age criteria:
Music Wonderland (age 3): must be 3 by Oct 1st. (Fall) or Mar. 1st (Spring- new students)
Junior Music Course (age 4-5): must be 4 by Oct. 1st (Fall) or Mar. 1st (Spring)
Young Musicians Course (age 6-8): must be 6 by Oct. 1st (Fall) or Mar. 1st (Spring)
A parent, guardian, or other approved adult is required to accompany the student in the Music Wonderland (age 3) and Junior Music Course (age 4-5) programs. To ensure that we offer the best educational environment for all of our Music Wonderland and Junior Music Course families, we are unable to accommodate additional siblings (older or younger), a second parent/guardian, or other friends or relatives in the classroom.
Yamaha Music School does NOT provide childcare services and is not licensed by the Dept of Early Education and Care or any other state agency. All students taking classes must register for a specific day and time and leave the premises upon completing their class or lesson. Parents must stay on site for all children under age 9.
Formal written notification must be given to the office, and, depending upon the situation, require a meeting with the school director and/or teacher. Teacher notification is not considered formal notice of withdrawal. Non-attendance is not considered a withdrawal. Registration fees are non-refundable. Full refunds will be given in cases of insufficient enrollment that results in the cancellation of a class. It takes approximately 60 days for refunds to be processed for hard copy checks; 7 days for credit card refunds. Tuition refunds will be given in accordance with the following schedule. The refund policy assumes full semester enrollment (18 weeks): Withdrawal prior to the 4th scheduled lesson: full tuition refund.
Withdrawal after the 4th scheduled lesson: no refund (unless extenuating circumstance; at the discretion of the school director).
In the event of an emergency, YMS Boston staff and instructors will lead students and families in the established exit procedures. Parents are responsible for the well-being and safety of their children while on school grounds. YMS Boston is not responsible for the loss of personal items.
YMS Boston reserves the right, and may give permission to its photographer or outside media, to photograph classes, programs and participants at all our facilities and properties. Please be aware that these photos are for promotional purposes and may be used in future publications and media communications. By participating in the Music School classes and programs, you consent to the taking and publication of your photograph for these purposes. If you do not wish your child or yourself to be photographed or videotaped, please notify the school office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.