- Tuition and Due Date
- Make-Up Policy
- School Cancellation/Closing Policy
- Age Policy for Beginning Courses
- Parent or Guardian Attendance
- Withdrawal from Summer Session
- Photo/Video Policy
Registration Deadline for Summer Session enrollment is May 31st.
- Late enrollment if space is available; a $35 late fee applies. Early enrollment is encouraged to ensure the best class day and times for your schedule.
- PRIVATE LESSON POLICY: Each week's lesson must be booked in the same time slot, and lessons will be scheduled on a first come/first serve basis. Lessons only available in 4 or 6 lesson packages.
- MULTIENROLLMENT DISCOUNT: A discount of 10% off the total tuition is available via a promotional code to be entered upon checkout for families enrolled in 2 or more classes.
TUITION & DUE DATES
- PAYMENT METHODS: YMS Boston accepts payments via credit card or check.
- SUMMER DEPOSIT: $50 deposit (per family) due at the time of enrollment. Deposit is refundable through May 31st.
- SUMMER TUITION: Tuition is due in full on June 1st.
LATE TUITION: Students are not eligible to attend summer classes, lessons, or day program until tuition is paid in full. In addition, a $25 late fee will be applied to tuition 30 days or more overdue. Students with tuition 60 days overdue will be issued a discontinuation notice, and will not be eligible to attend classes or lessons during the school year until tuition is paid in full.
- No make-ups will be given for student absences for group classes or private lessons for Summer Session.
SCHOOL CANCELLATION/CLOSING POLICY
Course Cancellation: YMS Boston reserves the right to cancel a class or change the class schedule at any time. Full refunds and registration fees are issued in the case of class cancellation due to insufficient enrollment or schedule change.
Weather-Related or Other: Please call 781.274.7100 or visit ymsboston.com to confirm the status of classes during times of inclement weather or other emergencies. Please note that YMS Boston does not necessarily follow the weather cancellation decisions of the local public schools. The make-up week will be used for one weather/emergency related cancellation. In the event that there is more than 1 emergency school cancellation for group or private lesson classes, credits for the missed class or lesson will be applied to the student's account in the following semester.
AGE POLICY FOR BEGINNING COURSES
YMES courses are designed for specific age groups. Students must meet the following age criteria:
Music Wonderland (age 3): must be 3 by Oct 1st. (Fall) or Mar. 1st (Spring- new students)
Junior Music Course (age 4-5): must be 4 by Oct. 1st (Fall) or Mar. 1st (Spring)
Young Musicians Course (age 6-8): must be 6 by Oct. 1st (Fall) or Mar. 1st (Spring)
PARENT OR GUARDIAN ATTENDANCE
A parent, guardian, or other approved adult is required to accompany the student in the Music Wonderland (age 3) and Junior Music Course (age 4-5) programs. To ensure that we offer the best educational environment for all of our Music Wonderland and Junior Music Course families, we are unable to accommodate additional siblings (older or younger), a second parent/guardian, or other friends or relatives in the classroom.
Yamaha Music School does NOT provide childcare services and is not licensed by the Dept of Early Education and Care or any other state agency. All students taking classes must register for a specific day and time and leave the premises upon completing their class or lesson. Parents must stay on site for all children under age 9 with the exception of those students enrolled in our Summer Day Program.
WITHDRAWAL FROM SUMMER SESSION
- Withdrawals received prior to May 31st will be refunded in full.
- Withdrawals received between June 1st – July 17th will be refunded, less $50 deposit.
- Withdrawals received after July 17th are non-refundable.
In the event of an emergency, YMS Boston staff and instructors will lead students and families in the established exit procedures. Parents are responsible for the well-being and safety of their children while on school grounds. YMS Boston is not responsible for the loss of personal items.
PHOTO/ VIDEO POLICY
YMS Boston reserves the right, and may give permission to its photographer or outside media, to photograph classes, programs and participants at all our facilities and properties. Please be aware that these photos are for promotional purposes and may be used in future publications and media communications. By participating in the Music School classes and programs, you consent to the taking and publication of your photograph for these purposes. If you do not wish your child or yourself to be photographed or videotaped, please notify the school office by email at email@example.com.